Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Funny how the world works.

A few years back, when we were going through testing at the RE clinic and had been TTC for a while, I had two friends who were both decidedly child-free. Not childless, as we were, but child free. Which was fine - not a choice I'd make, but it worked for them & their spouses, so cool. Pretty much all of the rest of my friends had kids, so it was nice to be able to hang with friends who didn't have kids from time to time.

Fast forward to late last year/early this year. One couple divorces, and the other has a change of heart. My friend who got divorced is now dating a man with a 4-year old daughter, and the other couple is approx 4 months pg. And us, well, we're still childless. I'm happy that my friend is happy in her new relationship, and that the other friends didn't have problems conceiving, but boo. I hope we're fortunate enough once we start the road to IVF that our journey is smooth, as it's a bitch sittin at the rest stop watching the rest of the world go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment