Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 8, 2008

Bit melancholy

Last night was a Christmas Party. Other than the hostess, who she and her husband have decided not to have children by choice, everyone else was either knocked up, had a child(ren) or both. I'll be honest - I wasn't the most comfortable there. I came alone, as hubby didn't really want to go, and there was another party that he wanted to attend more. Of course, most of the conversation was about kids/pregnancy/childbirth/etc etc etc . I walked in with a sadness and left with a profound sadness. I couldn't contribute to basically any of it and while I should be so happy for everyone, it just was hard. That's not to say that there wasn't ANY other conversation, as always, you tend to leave with certain memories, right?

I"m really trying to decide if I need to distance myself again. But unfortunately, that means losing basically the only group of girls I hang out with. All of them, except for three or four. I just don't know what to do right now. I think all of my previous attempts have failed, so I guess we'll just see.

1 comment:

  1. My heart breaks for you, because I know how hard it is in those situations *HUG* Wish I could've been there too, to at least make it 2 of us v. the rest of the world.

    ReplyDelete