Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 28, 2009

The elephant in the room...

So, I'm here, at my parents place and I *want* to tell my mom about our IF shit, and the recent IVF holdups, but at the same time, I don't want to bring it up. There are always others around, and it just feels like it's always the wrong time. I feel bad for holding the info from her, and I know she'll be hurt, but at the same time, it feels awkward now to tell her we've been "about to start IVF since April" because I didn't want to tell for so long. A pregnancy announcement obviously isn't going to be their xmas gift this year, so no sense in keeping the secret, i suppose. I just don't know how to do it so it's on my terms & not get harrassed about it... bah. It just feels like a big elephant in the room. I said that to my sis (who kinda knows where things are at), and she said she doesn't feel that at all, but i dunno. BLAH.

in other news, I am pretty sure mom doesn't think i'm pg at least... which I was worried about, although dispelling that would've at least given me an "IN" if she would've asked.

Bah. why do things have to be so complicated? why did i have to make this more complicated than necessary??

3 comments:

  1. awh, Chelle... i wish it didn't have to be so hard to tell her... you'll tell her in your own way when the time is right... *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Chelle, I know exactly how you feel. We decided not to tell our parents because we didn't want to add any stress to their lives... or to ours. Big hugs!

    PS: I can't add your blog to my blog list in my new template because it's password protected. I hope that's okay...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't suppose she's the sort where you could surprise her with a bfp and she would just be excited and not interested in the details?

    ReplyDelete