Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 6, 2009

Hurry up & wait...

it seems to be a common theme in fertility treatments. Who hasnt heard at least one of: "call when your cycle starts..." or "wait three cycles before XYZ..." or, "there are only 4 people ahead of you. Your surgery will probably be in late September...". whoa. What? ya, that last one was what I heard today when I called the booking clerk at the hospital re: my hysteroscopy (after my hugely failed HSG in May). So, I signed the consents a month ago, and I'm only 5th on the list, and still have to wait possibly 4 months for the procedure? gaaaaah.

I'm going to call the clinic tomorrow and see if this is normal. I did ask to be put on a cancellation list, so that might speed things up. Also, I was told that it could be any of the doctors at the clinic doing the procedure, but they only have me listed as under Dr. B - none of the others were listed. So, maybe the clinic can clarify that, and tell the hospital that any of the clinic's dr's can do the procedure. I'll also see if I can try the HSG again in the meantime. with lots o' drugs. LOTS.

What pisses me off the most about this new wait (remember, we waited almost 2 years to get the finances & mental strength in place to go ahead with IVF) is that the bloodwork & SA we had done in April are only 'good' (valid, I suppose?) for 6 months. Which brings us to... October. Early October.This means they will most likely need to be redone by the time the results of the hysteroscopy are known. ticks me off. I was hoping to cycle in September, this pushes us to closer to November, with my funky cycles & such. bah. baaaaaaaaaah. I'm tired of waiting. I just want to be able to get hte show on the road.

2 comments:

  1. I hope that your conversation with them goes well. I think it's totally unacceptable to make you guys wait this long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ((hugs)) I hate the waiting parts too. I hope you'll be able to get an appointment sooner. While waiting can you start the other tests that need to be redone so you'll be all ready to go after the hysteroscopy?

    ReplyDelete