Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, December 16, 2011

"... one of the last..."

I find myself using this phrase a lot with J lately. Whether I end the sentence with "afternoon walks with Eileen" or "snuggles before nap.." it just seems to be cropping up a lot.

As is always the case, we have a lot going on in the next three weeks or so- Christmas & New Years, mr. moo's first birthday, J starting daycare & my return to work, my sister's coming to visit and to top it off, I'm having my gall bladder surgery next week. While I will feel a lot better once it's out, i'm awfully anxious - moreso abt recovery than the procedure itself. no heavy lifting (like a baby) for a few weeks, etc. boo!

1 comment:

  1. While there will be a lot of "lasts" there are also so many more "firsts" to come which definitely even things out :-) The coming weeks (especially with your return to work and in him starting daycare) will bring a huge period of transition for all of you. It won't be easy. It is going to throw you for a loop emotionally and there's no way you can totally prepare for the roller coaster of emotions you're going to experience. Just trust it will even out, you'll find a new norm and it will all be okay.
    While it will be difficult to not lift or pick up J there's nothing stopping you from holding and snuggling him if someone passes him to you :-) Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete