Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's like this race...

One of my very close friends from my youth (not so close anymore, but whatevs) had a baby boy today in St. Louis. I'm absolutely crushed.

When my best friend had her girl three years ago in November, it wasn't a big deal. Sure, she got married the same summer I did, but we weren't ready for kids then. When she had her second kid late last year, I was disappointed that I couldn't even pop one out before she got to two.

Now, another friend from that same time period has a child. Out of my graduating class, almost half have kids. The ones that don't are mostly still in touch (and mostly single), but I'm the lone long married who hasn't hopped on the kid train, not for lack of trying.

It's so stupid. I feel like I'm being left behind in a race I never knew mattered so much.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in a similar race, and I hate it. All the people who "weren't supposed to have kids" had kids before we've even been pg, and it kills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm now waiting for our nephew's fiance to "whoops!" get pg on me. Yes, I will take it as a personal insult if she gets pg before me. Bad enough others have beaten us to the punch, but if the next generation starts procreating before us, I'll LOSE IT.

    ReplyDelete